Since we still had Aunt Sarah with us, we decided to take her out of the city to see the small town side of Austria. Moedling is one of my favorite quick day trips from Vienna. There's city strolling, window shopping, a cool maze in a churchyard, an old church with lots of history, and a really fabulous woman who thought I was 22 and too young to have kids (!). There's also my kind of hiking, which is the kind that rewards you for your efforts. In this case, the reward is spectacular views, cool ruins and an old castle. This post will be revisited, but for now... here are some pictures. (Cade's blog includes a lot of details!) Noticing the girls' hair? I don't have that kind of time or skill, so the credit goes straight to Aunt Sarah, who has also been teaching the kids some fun games which we played while we hiked. ("Sage, Rose," "Rose, Oak," "Oak, Pine" ... she's like a hiking Mary Poppins...)
(It's been raining quite a bit here, and as we hiked through the woods I was stuck by the vibrant green of the leaves and grass; it is crisp and bright and happy. If only Crayola could capture that color... they could call it Moedling Green. Just a thought.)
I obviously had the camera out A LOT today. Wish I could include all the great photos!

You could include all your pictures! Those are beautiful. The kids are adorable.
ReplyDeleteLove these pics. Sounds like a fabulous day...and I'm glad to see you wearing jeans for the hike. ( : Love you!
ReplyDeleteThank you for comparing me to Mary Poppins. I'm grateful I wasn't carrying a bag like hers... I have a feeling that would've been much heavier. Moedling was one of my favorites. Thank you for such a fun time. I miss you guys so much!
ReplyDelete