Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lieber Naschmarkt, We will miss you.

April 17, 2010

Note to readers:  Oops.  Skipped a day, so I just replaced this post with the correct one and am reposting this one.  See what happens when you only work on a blog in the middle of the night?  :-)  If you have an interest, go back and check out the "Volcanic Ash" post that is now before this one!  



Today was a day of keeping tabs on the volcanic ash and working on alternate travel arrangements for getting Sarah to Paris for her flight back to Colorado on Monday.  Planes aren't flying; trains, buses, cars and even boats are completely booked.  We haven't yet checked into bicycle rentals, but that might be the only viable option... besides just keeping Sarah with us for a while!  We are glad to be able to offer her a place to sleep, since our apartment is way more comfortable than the airport!

One bonus to Sarah's unexpected change in travel plans was that we were able to go to the Naschmarkt together.  Since she was shopping for a ring at the flea market, we spent some time with a jewelry vendor who was very friendly and claimed to remember me coming by his booth with my "tall husband who looks like [Cade]" ten or so years ago.  Oddly enough, Sam and I were in Vienna together just over ten years ago and I did probably drag him through the Flohmarkt... but the story is still suspect.   No matter; the next time I see him years from now, we'll see if he remembers me as the one who bought the handmade Salzburger earrings...

We found the Naschmarkt vendor who sells the homemade Hungarian tree cakes, so we got to have them one last time...  Yummy.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I miss those Kurtoskalacs...or Trdlo... or hungarian tree cakes. I daydream about them. Delicious!! Turns out I wear my Reza ring probably the most of the ones I got in Europe. And since you have the twin to my ring, it has much more significance. :)Side note: My Prague ring catches on everything! Very disappointing. Love you! I'll shop with you anytime. So much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete