Sunday, March 21, 2010
Today it took us only 30 minutes to get to church. It turns out that it helps a whole lot to know which exact streetcars to take, rather than simply trying to go a few stops at a time in the right general direction. There’s probably a good life lesson to be learned there. J It was only our second time visiting in the ward, but already there were familiar faces and new friends to see and greet.
The kids are acclimating well. The girls enjoy being in the same class, and Cade has taken his new surroundings in stride. Cade was called up in front of the full group of Primary kids to pick a favorite song to sing. He selected one called “I Like to Look for Rainbows.” The chorister asked if he knew any actions to go along with the song, to which he replied “I don’t know any. Do you?” She said he could just make some up, so he proceeded to do the “robot.” It must have been funny, because I heard about it from a few different sources. (But let’s be honest: it doesn’t take a lot to get a laugh in Primary!) As for me, for two weeks in a row, they have asked the general “Does anyone play the piano?” question in Relief Society, while looking directly at me. My answer remained the same apologetic “no.” I was asked to teach the women’s Relief Society class next week, but I had to decline. I’d already been asked to substitute for a Primary class…
We ended up at the Mamouney’s apartment for dinner again, much to the delight of Regan and Reyna who love spending time with their friend Mia. They had invited another American family over for dinner and were gracious enough to spontaneously include us, even though we had been there just a few nights earlier. It was particularly nice of them since (for the second week in a row) I didn’t make it to the grocery store before the 6 p.m. closing time and our Sunday dinner was going to be a creative assortment of whatever-was-left-in-the-little-fridge. (Yes, they ALL close at 6 p.m., and stay closed until Monday morning.) I think I need to get in the habit of shopping on Saturday morning! It was another nice evening, complete with a rousing game of Wee Little Piggies (Simon is an excellent sport), and I left as a big fan of the dessert pavlova, which in Regan’s words was “like tasting Heaven…”


What is dessert pavlova? Tasting heaven is always a good choice. Always nice to be in a ward where you feel needed -- which for you would be any and every ward....
ReplyDeleteOoooo...hope they don't ask me to play. That's 2 disappointing Americans. Although I think I can still remember a prelude song from my piano lesson days-no lyrics to the song of course. Maybe the RS will have the same enthusiasm for making up words as Cade did for making up actions to that primary song. Nice job Cade. Way to show 'em your breakdancing/popping roots. People expect that kind of stuff when you're from Cali and you did not disappoint. ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm still laughing about Cade doing actions to that song...why did I have to miss that...WHY!!! Sounds like you're going to be one popular girl in the ward for the next month. What did they do without you?
ReplyDelete